Friday, September 4, 2009

Cleaning out the fridge

I just was trying to figure out what to eat, and took inventory of my refrigerator. It dawned on me that the refried beans and mashed potatoes weren't going to last too much longer. I also had burrito shells.

Also for the first time in a while, I had a few eggs in the fridge. I don't normally eat scrambled eggs, and haven't made them in years, but I have some time to kill tonight so I did what any geek would do. I went to YouTube to try to find a 'better' way of making them. I found a method by Gordon Ramsey, so I decided to run with that. They were awesome (though I left out a few ingredients I didn't have, and substituted in garlic salt.)

Added in a bunch of hot salsa, cheddar cheese, beans, and mashed potatoes. Nothing fancy, and common leftovers around me. I was pleasantly shocked how tasty the combo ended up being.

So now you know, next time you have leftover beans and mashed potatoes, there's a nice burrito that can be made.

No comments:

Post a Comment